Should I arrive early for my appointments?
Yes, please arrive at least 10 minutes prior to your initial appointment.There will
be paperwork for you to complete and we will need to scan your prescription,
insurance cards, and Identification.
What should I bring with me?
Current Photo ID, Insurance Cards, Prescription for PT if you have one.
What should I wear?
Please wear something comfortable that will allow access to your injured body
part. Sneakers are preferred.
What happens during the initial visit?
The short answer is that your physical therapist will conduct an interview with
you, complete an examination, evaluate and discuss the findings of the
examination with you, and begin a treatment program.
The Long answer is:
■ The first part of your initial evaluation involves an interview consisting of:
● A review of your medical history and your current symptoms.
● What types of symptoms you are experiencing
● How long you have been experiencing these symptoms
● How did the problem start?
● What aggravates and eases these symptoms?
The next step is an extensive examination of the following:
● Range of Motion
● Mobility and Movement Patterns
The next step of your initial appointment will be to begin your treatment
and review a Home Exercise Program if appropriate at the time.